
Tuesday of last week I had a friend from college contact me saying that he was in sort of a time crunch and needed a photographer for his CD cover that he wanted to get out by the 1st of February. Well we decided on the shoot for the next day and he had a location for the shoot. Now I am not one that likes to go into a shoot without having at least scouted the location and gotten some ideas. Well having to go in cold to this shoot was something that was looking like it was going to have to happen no matter what. Well since I have a pretty decently full mobile studio I packed that all up into my car for the event. This includes all but 2 of my lenses and only my digital cameras.
Once I got to the location, (hooray for GPS) I started unloading the car and looking at possible ideas. The space w
as far from ideal for doing this photo shoot. The grand piano was in a fairly small room which was not going to allow for very distant shots at any angle.
While Eric got changed into his first outfit for the shoot I was testing out flash angles and getting a few shots that would be good for other parts of the CD cover. We started out with some basic and standard shots standing next to the piano and playing the piano. Along with a few solo shots. Its after all that we started to get creative.
We went into the basement in the location and got a few shots of him writing at a desk on a sheet of music in a sort of rustic feeling.

So on Friday we got together after getting a few shots edited and a few ideas down on paper. We worked out the way that each page was going to come out and look in the end. Along with making sure that I had all the information needed for tracks and special thanks and everything else he wanted on the CD that wasn't in the photos.
Sunday I finalized the designs and took care of uploading the final images to the web for the company to download for printing.
My D300 stood the test of this shoot with flying colors and provided me with flexibility of getting the lower light and the flash setting correct and the shooting speed for capturing the image that was selected for the tray under the CD.
No comments:
Post a Comment